Saturday, April 04, 2009

5 Kick Ass Blogging Tips




Are you are a blogger with a great blog but have little or no success in capturing steady readership? You must already know that Blogs are great tools that accent your existing business or maybe you write solely as an expert sharing information for those seeking it.

I’ve been around for a couple of years and haven’t focused solely on my blog but with all the recent social networking available I felt it was important to wake up my blog link as much as I could. I began by having a cup of java and simply used these few tips:

5. Get your link out there! You’re on the social network scene right? Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc….. why not provide all of your friends a chance to comment on your blog! Ask and you will receive! http://www.themerrybird.wordpress.com/ or http://www.the-merry-bird.blogspot.com/ comments welcome!

4. Comment on other Blogs: If you want your business or blog to get noticed, notice other blogs that interest you. Sign in, say hello, don’t be afraid to leave a decent opinion or comment along with your name and URL. Always be cordial! No one needs a spammer or negative bite.


3. Write Respectable, Informative Articles for your blog. Make them interesting, happening and relative to your business. I like to write up articles regarding The Merry Bird customer experience, “how to” articles, updates in the industries related to my business etc. Basically I build on being an expert in my field.

2. Submit your Articles to Blog Carnivals. By doing this you expose your blog, your writing skills and your opinions all in one spot. This all informs the mass of people looking for the subject you just wrote about and submitted. It’s a big world out there!

1. Regularly contribute articles to your Blog. We spend an aweful amount of time projecting our businesses, bogs and urls. Don’t forget to have fresh content on your blog. Most expert bloggers say write daily but I’m fine with weekly or bi-weekly content. My RSS feed readers don’t feel bombarded by my blog notices on a daily basis and they look forward to my posts when they happen!


I hope this helps! Good luck! And please feel free to comment or leave a tip you have to share….

Kristine Sheehan
TheMerryBird.com
“Your Stationery in Flight”

1 comment:

Marjorie & Maureen said...

Great tips. I will have to check out the blog carnivals--I wasn't aware of that blog avenue. I want to start doing some "how-to" articles as I think blog readers of business blogs like imformative posts like yours. Thanks for sharing your knowledge on improving our business blogs.

Maureen